Basti Panchkarma Treatment
Basti is one among the Panchakarma in Ayurveda, It is said to be the best treatment as it is regarded as the Panchakarma Treatment for all the problems In the body, this is because this Panchakarma Treatment is mainly done for the Vata doshas which are mainly responsible for the more than half of the body and mind problems. Being the most important dosha in the body imbalance of which can cause many dreadful diseases like the paralysis Bells palsy arthritis to the simple dryness of the skin giving it a dull look.
Vata also poses the quality of aggravating the symptoms produced by the other doshas,
Secondly and most importantly Basti Panchkarma can do both the works that are purification (detox ), As well as the strengthening (Brahman ) which in turns means it can lean the body by detox as well as it can strengthen the body (increase the weight and vitality ) depending upon the choice of the medicine.
Who can take basti:-
It is on the safest mode of Panchkarma Therapy and can be given from kids to the old age person
It can be given to healthy as well as sick people.
Some of the indications are Vata disorders like paralysis, arthritis, lower back pain, sciatica, parkinsonism, to detox colon or any other vata related issues depending upon the patient’s diseases and physician.
- Here we will explain the steps involved in the Basti Panchakarma (medicated enema) therapy
- The patient is taken to the treatment room abhyangam (local massage) is done below the waist region of the patient.
- Steam is given either by the hot towel or the Nadi swed (with the help of steam pipe)
- The patient is then asked to lie down on the left side of the body .Basti administered foot massage and asked to relax
- The patient advised to wait till the basti comes out. The patient also informed to pass the Basti without much strain and effort .it should come out naturally.
Basti is done mainly for Vata dosha but according to the medicine used in the Basti Treatment can also be given in pattaj and kaphaj involvement.
|Facial palcy||Trigeminal neuralgia|
|Sciatica||Lower back pain|
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||General debilitation|
|All the problems related to nerves, joints and bones|